#Randomosities: The "Oh, Those Summer Ni-ii-ights!" Edition (High Falsetto Singing Abilities Not Included)
The thing about taking a "hiatus" during the summer is that a lot of interesting things start happening, even when you've already hit that sweet spot on your couch (and/or bed), laptop perfectly perched ever-so-comfortably atop your stomach, season 3 of Girls poised to be marathon'd.
Ahhhh, yes. Summertime.
Normally, this is the point where I would go into what I've previously been calling #LINKLOVE, but what will henceforth be known as #RANDOMOSITIES. Basically, for those unfamiliar with the blog, some bits and bobs of links pertaining to places, people and things that have piqued my interest lately. Without further ado, here are this week's randomz:
- TONYS FEVER!!! Catch up on some highlights here, and some other fun stuff: Kelli O'Hara Being Cute with Her Tony Award, A Performance by the cast of Best Musical-winner Fun Home, Pint-sized theatre critic Iain Armitage duetting with Tony nominee Sydney Lucas, and Tony-winner Ruthie Ann Miles talking about diversity in theater!
- Reunions Abound! The cast of everyone's favorite defunct TV musical, Smash, recently reunited at The Minskoff Theatre for a benefit concert, featuring a staging of the popular musical-within-a-musical, Bombshell -- and apparently, it was everything you could ever want and more. It seems that the Gods of the Great White Way agreed, 'cause Bombshell is heading to the stage in a full production! Also, the Original Broadway Cast of Into the Woods reunited as well!
- 'Grease' is the Worrrrrrd, Yo. The OG high school musical (sorry, zefron) recently turned 37! Here're some fun facts about the iconic film...
- Sofia Coppola's 'Little Mermaid.' Have you ever wondered what The Little Mermaid would have been like had Sofia Coppola directed it? Check out the video above and prepare to chuckle.
- Get Sorted! The Atlantic posted an article about a recent study that was conducted on differing personalities and the Houses that best suited them based on those personalities. Very interesting! If you've ever wondered whether you're a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff, then this one's worth a read. (Personally, I would consider myself a Gryffindor, winkity-wink.)
- Nerd Alert! New Battlebots! Wil Wheaton playing tabletop RPGs with random awesome celebrities like Grant Imahara and Hank Green! Exclamation marks!!!! Yay!
That's it for today. 'Til then, stay cool guys (literally).
(p.s., I [finally!] posted my review of TITAN Theatre Company's ALL-FEMALE production of Othello! Check it outttttt.)